Cranberry Jalapeño Dip
- 2 – 12oz blocks of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion; chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro; chopped
- 1 – 12oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 4 jalapeño peppers diced, seeds removed
- 1 1/4 cup sugar; more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- crackers (I usually use wheat thins)
Takes 20 minutes,
serves 8-10 people.
- Prep all ingredients: dice the jalapeño peppers (remove the seeds), chop the green onions and cilantro
- Combine all the ingredients (except cream cheese and crackers) into a blender/food processor. This may have to be completed in multiple steps depending on the size of your processor. Ensure fully mixed.
- I generally make the salsa a day or 2 prior to the event in order to all the ingredients to soak and blend (refrigerate)
- When ready to serve, allow the cream cheese to soften before spreading onto a plate/bowl. Top with the cranberry salsa and enjoy!
- If transporting this to a party, I recommend assembling once you get there as the cranberry juice can make a mess (spoken from experience -_- )