Easy Korean Beef Rice Bowls
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red peppers (use less if you don’t like a little kick)
- salt & pepper
- green onions, diced
- Rice, cooked
Takes 2erves 4
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot (test by splashing a tiny bit of water onto the pan; if it sizzles you’re good!) add the sesame oil & garlic – stir frequently so it does not burn. Once flagrant (approximately 2 minutes) add the ground beef
- Drain most of the fat from the skillet.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes to fully soak in the sauce.
- Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions (we added asparagus on the side).