Lemon Blueberry Bread
light & lemony loaf cake, bursting with blueberries
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbs grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease an 9×5 inch loaf pan with shortening then cover with sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice and eggs – set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternating with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. (This helps prevent them from sinking).
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack & enjoy!